‘Roses are red, Poppies are red, The grass is all red, Shit the garden’s on fire!’ that’s as good as my poetry gets and it’s not even mine, I nicked that from Mock the Week*
Thankfully there are real poets and authors who are willing to share their talent with the world (and silence my rubbish), if you’d like to see a few of those talented individuals read their work live then get your backside over to Pop Brixton.
On Wednesday 13th July Max Porter, Colin Grant and Johny Pitts (plus a number of other highly acclaimed acts) will be performing their work to a crowd of spoken word/music lovers, why don’t you join them it’s not a bad way to see out Hump Day.
- The Place: Pop Brixton 49 Brixton Station Road, London SW9 8PQ
- The Time: Wednesday 13th July from 7.30pm – 11pm, last entry 8pm
- Tickets: Get tickets from here
- Contact: For more information click here
- Info used from popbrixton.org, eventbrite.com & skiddle.com
- Images used from eventbrite.com & popbrixton.org
* Mock the week: scenes we’d like to see, series 8 episode 4